Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Cast & Crew Interviews!!!

Again, with the late post. Sorry guys. They've been kicking my butt at work; I've got like 10 documents to finish before I take 2 1/2 weeks off this month, so I'm working furiously (okay, well, more furiously than usual).

BUT, we have new interviews! I actually have about 4, and since last week's post was so long, I'm going to go ahead and only post 3 now, in the order in which I received them. Sorry Hans; I know you're the lead and everything, but Theresa, Natalie, and Alyssa got theirs to sooner. We'll learn about you next week, along with Robin :)

No headshots of these lovely ladies, sorry guys. You'll just have to come see the show if you want to know what they look like!!!

Name: Theresa Bender (Erin says: Theresa answered all the questions and told me to choose five ... which apparently was what I was supposed to do for Jay last week, but I didn't get -- or didn't read, that's entirely possible -- the memo. Oops.)
Role: Producer

What are your hobbies outside of theatre? Belly dance, ice hockey fan, art gallery docent, beer wench at Herndon's Friday Night Live during the summertime, avid reader, cooking. And I just took my first pole dancing class!

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? Do you buy presents for him/her/them? I have a wonderful, 10-year-old, blond Lab named Max. Yeah I know -- not a very original name. I sure do buy presents for him - and treats. He loves Greenies. Those things are addictive. Doggie-crack!

If you could live one day as a character in any play, which character would it be? The Marquis in Quills or Iago in Othello. What fascinating minds to visit ... for a DAY.

Do you have any little thing(s) you do "for luck" before a performance? It's an OCD thing, not for luck, but I check every prop and every costume piece I will use. I also skim over my lines in my head before the show. Unlike the NHLers during Stanley Cup season, I don't grow a beard. I also find a quiet place and just get away from the dressing room chatter for a few minutes.

If you were to change your name, what would it be? Something more exotic! How about ... Zahira? Or Delilah?


Name: Natalie V. Safley (Erin says: I'm not sure if I'm supposed to pick five for Natalie, so I'll let you all get to know a lot about her :) )
Role: Director

What are your hobbies outside of theatre? What is there besides theater? Hiking, Wine Tasting and Reading

What's something we wouldn't be able to guess just by looking at you (this must be something you haven't said yet, and should be something interesting -- 'I like cats' isn't very exciting, but 'I have been to every country in Europe' or 'Mariah Carey is my cousin' is)? I am a New Kids on the Block fan, and will attend two concerts in the next two months.

If you act, what role would you really, really love to play? If you don't act, still the same question. Linda Loman, Death of a Salesman

If you act, what is your favorite role to date? If you're a techie, what is your favorite show on which you've worked to date and why? If you're a director, which show has been your favorite to direct and why? If you're all three, feel free to answer one, two, or all of those. :) As a director, I find different aspects of each production that are my favorite. I couldn’t ever pick just one; I like the collaborative process of rehearsal. I like to work with actors who are open to working with others, and make it about the whole production and not just their part in it.

What was your favorite fairy tale or toy as a child? My favorite toy as a child was my blanket: Comfy. I took him everywhere; yes, a blanket can be a "he."

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? Do you buy presents for him/her/them? Bubba is a buff tabby cat. We rarely buy him presents, but we often play attack cat.

If you could live one day as a character in any play, which character would it be? Snow White because everything is happy, cheery, and full of song. (Erin says: Till the wicked queen tries to kill you! That's not so happy.)

If you could wear only one outfit for a whole month, what would it be? A Black Dress

What's your favorite comfort food? Red Wine

If you were to change your name, what would it be? Natasha

What's the strangest gift you've ever received? An ex-boyfriend’s mother once gave me slippers for Christmas … that were not my size and had been worn. (Erin says: Ew.)


Name: Alyssa Jacobsen
Role: Mrs. Kendal

What's something we wouldn't be able to guess just by looking at you (this must be something you haven't said yet, and should be something interesting -- 'I like cats' isn't very exciting, but 'I have been to every country in Europe' or 'Mariah Carey is my cousin' is)? Something that one probably wouldn't be able to guess just by looking at me is that I'm half Swedish. I certainly don't look Swedish (dark hair, dark eyes) so people tend to be surprised when they find out.

If you act, what role would you really, really love to play? If you don't act, still the same question. A role for theatre that I would really, really love to play would either be Elphaba or Glinda from Wicked. I'd be equally happy with either ;). For film I would have killed to play the role of Lisa from Girl Interrupted -- or any Angelina Jolie role for that matter.

If you act, what is your favorite role to date? If you're a techie, what is your favorite show on which you've worked to date and why? If you're a director, which show has been your favorite to direct and why? If you're all three, feel free to answer one, two, or all of those. :) My favorite role to date was the last show I was in where I was cast as Catherine in The Foreigner. It was such a fun show and the entire cast and crew were awesome. I usually seem to go for dramatic roles, so I was really pleasantly surprised when I got cast in the show to play Catherine and was thrilled to have the opportunity to convey a comedic character.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? Do you buy presents for him/her/them? I have lots of pets! A dog, six cats, 2 ferrets, 2 guinea pigs, 5 birds -- oh my! You don't even want to know how much work that is ... (Erin says: You're right ... I don't! You poor thing -- well, not really, cuz I know you love them all, but that's like when someone says they have 15 children, I just gape at them like "Why???")

What's your favorite comfort food? My favorite comfort food is anything sweet. You can never go wrong with chocolate. And I looove eating chips -- they're great for ALL occasions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment