Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meet the Cast of "bare": Part Three!!!

So, I don't have the script on me, and I know for a fact that the new CCT/2FT website (http://www.cct2ft.com/, for those who don't know) has the cast listed out of order, and my stupid computer isn't letting me access 2nd Flight's old site, so I'm just going to post these in whatever order I want to!

First, I would also like to mention that I am FINALLY going to make it out to rehearsal tonight -- about freaking time, too. I'm skipping class to go, since I ended up digging through costumes at Chantilly High School on Saturday instead of measuring inseams like I had planned to be. So, tonight's the night. Ryan, better prepare, I will have to touch you. Sorry.

And now ... let's meet more cast members!!!

Name: Traci J. Brooks, but my partners in crime refer to me as "Trey"
Role: I play Diana, the "naive Asian." It's one of those stretch roles.

What are some of your favorite past roles? Mayor Maggie in Bat Boy: The Musical (CCT), a dancing student revolutionary in Footloose (LTA) and Liat in South Pacific (LSDT).

If you could play any role you haven't yet played, what would it be? When I win my Tony, I would be thrilled for it to be for my stellar performance of Eponine in Les Miserables, the emotional Cathy in Last 5 Years or bratty Marcy in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Or all three at once!

What do you do when you're not doing theatre (day job, hobbies, etc.)? I'm lucky enough that my day job DOES involve theater! I was the Music Director for Lopez Youth Performing Arts Company in Reston for their 2008 production of Seussical, Jr., aand I'm the Acting Teacher for their drama camps this summer. I'm pretty computer-oriented (my Mac is never far from me), and I love graphic design, web design, Photoshop and Facebook. Other than that, I am a professional student, a advanced amateur photographer and gormandizer of all things music.

(Erin says: Gormandizer is my new favorite word, as of this moment. And for that, Traci is my favorite cast member today!)

Anything else we should know about you? I am thrilled to be a part of CCT/2FT in their inaugural production as CCT/2FT! My brother's name is Jason, which makes this "You and I" fun to sing his name over and over ... and ask if he has a date for prom ...? Oh, and I'm allergic to poison ivy ... hmmm does that mean Ivy (the character played by Tara Moore), and I don't get along? Table work time!

And finally, what is one thing that people would not guess about you upon first meeting/seeing you (can't be something you've said already; make it good – "I'm allergic to cats" is lame, but "I once worked as a dancer in a vampire theme bar" is awesome!)? I love hugs, but I hate massages. They make me tense- which I'm pretty sure is NOT their goal.

Name: Janelle Delaney
Role: Tanya

What are some of your favorite past roles? Chiffon (Little Shop of Horrors), Cinderella (Into the Woods), Mama Euralie (Once on This Island)

If you could play any role you haven’t yet played, what would it be? My dream would be Aida , Dorothy in The Wiz or any part in Dreamgirls

What do you do when you’re not doing theatre? I work 2 jobs ; Online Resources and Coach. I am a major movie buff so watching movies is my favorite. Shopping, sleeping, laughing, cooking, eating (I’m a big foodie!) and generally having fun.

Anything else we should know about you? I am a constant source of entertainment but usually not on purpose … it’s just who I am!

And finally, what is one thing that people would not guess about you upon first meeting/seeing you? I have been trying to answer this question for over an hour … I can’t think of anything!

(Erin says: Ooooh, that means I get to create something!!!! Ummmmm ... Janelle once participated in a V8 Wrestling Match for charity. Ew, gross.)

Name: Richelle “Rikki” Howie
Role: Sister Chantelle

What are some of your favorite past roles? Narrator - Joseph... Dreamcoat, Vera Charles -Mame, Muzzy Von Hossamere - Thoroughly Modern Millie, Kate - Wild Party, Sarah Friend - Ragtime, Momma Rose - Gypsy, DeeLee - Smokey Joe's Cafe, Charlene - Ain't Misbehavin', Director of The Piano Lesson

If you could play any role you haven’t yet played, what would it be? Deena - Dreamgirls, Cassie - A Chorus Line, Roxie - Chicago

What do you do when you’re not doing theatre? Management consultant to the gov’t. I have over 100 pair of shoes and have a shoe shopping addiction and a Family Guy addiction.

Anything else we should know about you? I cook a killer death by chocolate dessert; I’m busier than a one-armed paper hanger at a wallpaper convention with theatre, usually doing 3-4 shows at once. It keeps me sane.

(Erin says: Oy. I struggle with one show at a time and all the other crap going on in my life. Rikki, you are a rock star.)

And finally, what is one thing that people would not guess about you upon first meeting/seeing you? I worked in a theme park outdoor show as Yogi Bear, Cindy Bear, Scooby Doo, and George Jetson in Charlotte, NC, and one show Yogi became decapitated by mistake and I scared a group of kids when Yogi's head rolled off the stage into the audience and I hear "Oh no!!! Yogi’s a black girl!!!!” Trust me, it was hilarious. All characters onstage and singers lost it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment